On February 16, as part of the All Star Jazz series of evenings, the National Academic Brass Band of Ukraine will perform the Greatest Hits program. Different directions of jazz, legendary jazzmen and their most famous compositions - all this in one evening and on the same stage!
This evening will feature jazz hits from the repertoire of Ella Fitzgerald, Shirley Bassey, Frank Sinatra, James Brown, Ray Charles, Herbie Hancock, Joseph Zawinul and Chick Corea.
Guests can enjoy the compositions of the orchestras of Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson, Gordon Goodwin.
Also in the program:
· Feeling Good - Newley, Leslie Bricusse
· Sing, Sing, Sing - Louis Prima
· Hit the Road Jack - Percy Mayfield
· Can`t buy me Love - John Lennon, Paul McCartney
· I Know Why - Glenn Miller
· It is not Meaning Thing - Duke Ellington, Irving Mills
“Greatest Hits” will be performed by virtuosos of the National Academic Brass Band of Ukraine, which was founded in 1979 on the initiative of the Union of Composers of Ukraine, as the State Brass Band.
Today, he is one of the leading musical groups in the country, the first and only civilian brass band in Ukraine of this level and status. During its existence, the orchestra has been and remains a regular participant in many prominent events in the cultural life of Ukraine: prestigious music festivals, art festivals and celebrations. The orchestra has repeatedly successfully represented the national musical art abroad - participated in festivals of brass music in the Netherlands and in Germany.
The active concert repertoire of the orchestra presents all musical genres - from classical to jazz. The genre variety of concert programs is a characteristic feature of the group, which emphasizes its artistic uniqueness.
The composition of the orchestra:
· Conductor: Alexey Vikulov
· Vocals: Margarita Meleshko, Vitaly Kostenko
· Saxophones: Rostislav Zaitsev (alto saxophone, soprano saxophone), Stanislav Slastenov (tenor saxophone), Maria Zubkova (alto saxophone), Roman Kozionov (baritone saxophone), Bogdan Sychevsky (tenor saxophone)
· Pipes: Vladimir Spasichenko, Dmitry Melnichenko, Peter Polonsky, Nikolai Girdiuk, Dmitry Malm
· Trombones: Valery Chesnokov, Alexander Epifanov, Sergey Polyansky, Andrey Krischuk, Roman Sotnikov
· Rhythm group: Konstantin Markochany (drums), Artem Pose Gorelov (keyboards), Evgeny Frischer (guitar), Ruslan Yadvizhin (bass guitar)
On February 16, you have a unique opportunity to hear famous jazz pieces in the updated coloring of a brass score. We are waiting for you in the House of Architects at the address. Boris Grinchenko, 7. Beginning of the program at 20:00.