On November 2, ANIKO DOLIDZE, accompanied by the leading Ukrainian jazz musicians, will present the program "Gratitude to Kancheli | Music for theater and cinema" dedicated to the outstanding Georgian composer.
"I believe that music is only to be felt" (c) Gia Kancheli
5 facts about Guy Kancheli:
- the most prominent symphonist of the twentieth century
- His music is performed by the best conductors and orchestras of the world
- he wrote 7 symphonies and music to over 40 plays
- soundtracks for more than 60 films - "Mimino", "Do not be sorry!", "Kin-dzaza", etc.
- he collaborated with George Danelia, Robert Sturua, Sergey Bodrov and others.
You will hear music from the films "Children of the Sea" by N.Pipinashvili, "White stones" by R.Charhlashvili and B. Tsuladze, "Mimino" by G. Danelia, "Bear kiss" by S. Bodrov, "Your son, the earth" by R. Chkheidze, E. "Singles" by Shengelaya, as well as performances by "Role for the Beginning Actress", "Hanuma" and "Caucasian Cretaceous Circle" R. Sturua.
The author of the arrangement of all the songs of the program became known jazz pianist and composer Rodion Ivanov.
Aniko Dolidze: "The music of Giyi Kancheli is deeply meaningful, the sounds of which are born from love for their native land, god, traditions, jazz ... She reveals the soul, inspires and reveals me, it is the most important discovery in my life."
- Aniko Dolidze - vocals
- Rodion Ivanov - keyboards, arrangements
- Sergey Sidorenko - trumpet, flugelhorn, guitar, sound effects
- Igor Zakus - bass
- Sergey Tabunyshchik - drums