On September 27, Marco Concert invites you to listen to Bach and Vivaldi's famous works at one of the city's most beautiful theaters and concert halls - Atrium at the Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv.
Johann Sebastian Bach is a German composer and musician of the Baroque era, the largest figure in world culture. Creativity of the universal musician, who lived in the XVIII century, is genre inclusive: Bach combined and summarized the traditions of the Protestant choir with the traditions of music schools in Austria, Italy and France. Creating immortal masterpieces, he transformed each beat of his compositions into small works, combining them then in the form of priceless creations of exceptional beauty and expressiveness.
Priest, renowned virtuoso violinist, teacher and composer, Antonio Vivaldi has written over 700 works during his life, including operas, choral works, more than 500 concerts for various instruments and orchestra. Vivaldi's creativity was studied by the great Bach, translating a number of his instrumental concerts for the organ with unspeakable skill. In Vivaldi's life was everything, as in his bizarre era. Yet, in his life and work, he is something unchanged - he has always remained himself, and his music is not confused with the music of other composers.
In the program of the concert:
Johann Sebastian Bach
• Concerto for Two Violins, String Orchestra and Basso Continuo in D Minor, BVW - 1043 (1. Vivace, 2. Largo, ma non tanto, 3. Allegro). Soloists: Olga Sheleshkova (violin), Igor Zavgorodniy (violin)
• Aria from Orchestra Suite No. 3, D Major
• Suite Orchestra No. 2, B minor
• Concerto for Two Cellos with Solo Minor, RV - 531. Soloists: Sergei Kazakov (cello), Irina Kozlova (cello)
• Concerto for Violin and Two Cellos in C Major, RV 561. Soloists: Olga Sheleshkova (violin), Sergey Kazakov (cello), Irina Kozlova (cello)
• Symphony for string orchestra and basso continuo in G Major, RV 146
• Concert "Summer" from the cycle "Seasons". Soloist - Igor Zavgorodniy (violin)
Masterpieces of world classics this evening will be performed by the Kyiv Mozart Orchestra - an independent project that brought together leading musicians from the Kyiv Soloists Ensemble. The orchestra's musicians successfully performed as soloists, played in chamber ensembles, participated in international festivals, successfully toured cities in Germany, Poland, Austria, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Italy, Turkey, Morocco, Japan, China. They embodied this experience, their creative ideas, knowledge and skills in a new project - Kyiv Mozart Orchestra.
A little about location. The Atrium Hall at Fairmont Grand Hotel is a true gem of the city. Luxurious hall with stained-glass atrium in the style of Art Nouveau and wonderful acoustics, where a true musical fairy tale takes place.
An evening of classical music will take place on September 27 at the Fairmont Grand Hotel, at ul. Naberezhnye-Khreshchatytska, 1 Beginning at 19:00.