One of the most controversial and at the same time fascinating scenes of the interaction of classical music with popular culture is the sphere of commercial advertising.
"High" music often sounds in the performance of food, came to life in advertising (from chocolate to corn). Opera arias are accompanied by videos about superfast cars, and the image of a symphony orchestra is used as a metaphor for coordinated teamwork.
- It is interesting that fragments of classic works are successfully used both for the promotion of luxury goods and for the promotion of fast food. Many more interesting things we learn at the lecture.
You will receive answers to questions:
• How does classical music complement the advertising image?
• What unites McDonalds and symphony orchestra?
• What works sound in all known commercials?
• How does classical music affect potential buyers of promotional items?
The lecture is conducted by musicologist Julia Yurchak.