Sunset of a summer day, the sun plays with highlights in the reflection of water, a light breeze blows from the bank of the Dnieper, taking with it familiar melodies. This evening, the "Greatest Hits" program will be performed by the National Academic Brass Band.
Different directions of jazz, legendary jazzmen and their most famous compositions - all this in one evening on the coast of the South Coast. The evening's program features hits by Ella Fitzgerald, Shirley Bassey, Frank Sinatra, James Brown, Ray Charles, Herbie Hancock, and Chick Corea. And also the best of the orchestra's repertoire: Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, and Gordon Goodwin.
Among the cult compositions, will sound:
Feeling Good - Newley, Leslie Bricusse
Sing, Sing, Sing - Louis Prima
Hit The Road Jack - Percy Mayfield
Can`t Buy me Love - John Lennon, Paul McCartney
I Know Why - Glenn Miller
It Do not Mean A Thing - Duke Ellington, Irving Mills
This evening the jazz classic will play with new colors in the sound of the musical score. Melodies that can not be forgotten will be performed by the virtuosos of the National Academic Brass Band.
The collective was founded in 1979 on the initiative of the Union of Composers of Ukraine, as the State Wind Orchestra. To this day he is one of the leading musical groups in the country, the first and only civil brass band in Ukraine of this level and status. The orchestra is a regular participant of the country's prestigious music festivals, art festivals and celebrations. Repeatedly successfully represented national musical art abroad - participated in festivals of brass music in the Netherlands and in Germany.
- Conductor - Alexey Vikulov
- Saxophones: Rostislav Zaitsev (saxophone-alto, saxophone-soprano), Stanislav Slastenov (saxophone tenor), Maria Zubkova (saxophone-alto), Roman Kozionov (saxophone-baritone), Bogdan Sychevsky (tenor saxophone)
- Pipes: Vladimir Spasichenko, Dmitry Melnichenko, Peter Polonsky, Nikolai Girduk, Dmitry Malm
- Trombones: Valery Chesnokov, Alexander Epifanov, Sergey Polyansky, Andrei Krishuk, Roman Sotnikov
- Rhythm group: Konstantin Markochan (drums), Artem Pogorelov (keyboards), Evgeny Frischer (guitar), Ruslan Yaviervin (bass guitar)
- Vocals: finalist of the TV show "The Voice of the Country" Margarita MELESHKO
In the evening of September 6, we are waiting for a relaxed atmosphere, the riot of sunset colors and live music. What could be better at the end of the day. We are waiting for you on the South Coast at 20:00.
Please, take into account that the entrance to the car for Truhanov island is CLOSED!
By the decision of the KSCA Truhanov Island is declared an eco-zone with limited movement of the TS and we can not provide transportation directly to the location. It is most convenient to leave the car in the parking lot near the entrance to the pedestrian Park Bridge and stroll along it to the island.