1. Non-standard approach to production
2. Scotch whiskey with Ukrainian accent
3. Ruslan Zamoskovny - father of whiskey culture in Ukraine
The project was originally conceived for additional support of whiskey in Ukrainian barrels.
The first whiskey was aged in a barrel from the Madeira "Koktebel" and was presented in 2011. Subsequent releases were combined into the Scyfion series.
In the title there is a symbiosis of several languages. As is known, more than 2500 years ago, practically the entire territory of present-day Ukraine was inhabited by Scythian tribes. And the ancient Greeks called this country Scythia (ancient Greek Σχυθία, lat. Scythia). Fion - in Celtic language means wine. Scythian + Fion = Scyfion.
Today the project does not limit itself to Ukrainian barrels and uses barrels from other countries. Some of them are used for the first time for the production of whiskey.
Positions for tasting:
- Mannochmore 1999y
- Muscat Dneprovskyi Cask finish Scyfion Mortlach 1996y
- Odesskoe Chernoe Cask finish Scyfion Linkwood 1197y
- Troyanda Zakarpattia Cask finish Scyfion Auchroisk 1996y
- Chernyi Doctor Cask finish Scyfion Benrinnes 1997y
- Artania Cask finish Scyfion