1. A musical project of this magnitude will be held in Ukraine for the first time.
2. The best musicians of Europe and America will take the stage.
3. Orchestra of the Americas - the bearers of the most vivid transformations in the life of modern society.
For the first time in Ukraine! 30, July 31! In one of the best theaters in the world! Odessa National Academic Opera and Ballet Theater will host the most ambitious music project - Orchestra of the Americas, where 110 best virtuosos of orchestral skill take part.
The motto of the project: Strive. Unite. Convert.
Orchestra of the Americas - a world-class symphony orchestra under the guidance of artistic adviser Placido Domingo, consisting of gifted young musicians representing 26 countries in the Western Hemisphere.
The American Orchestra has performed more than 350 concerts since its inauguration tour in 2002, performing at various venues ranging from the prestigious concert halls of Europe, North and South America to outdoor venues, which is not often associated with symphonic music. His sound brings art through live performances, television projects, radio broadcasts, CD recordings, prints and documentaries.
The mission of the orchestra is to enable young musical talents to transform life across America and beyond. YOA has become an international brand, attracting famous artists such as Yo Yo Ma, Pokito D'Rivera, Placido Domingo, Philip Glass, to the lives of young musicians and diverse audiences.
The main ideas of the project:
1) Strengthening intercultural ties between Odessa and the countries of the Americas;
2) Promotion of the important role of education and participation of Odessa youth in the life of art;
3) Exchange of musical traditions of North and South America with residents of Odessa and guests from other countries;
4) Providing scholarships for 5 talented young Ukrainian musicians, including two from Odessa;
5) Creating opportunities for Ukrainian youth to study music in America and Europe through participation in the orchestra.
For two days connoisseurs of symphonic music will hear not only classical harmonies, but also Brazilian ethnic rhythms.
Day 1: behind the conductor's panel - Hobart Earl (Odessa) People's Artist of Ukraine, art director and chief conductor of the Odessa Philharmonic Orchestra.
1. Heitor Villa - Lobos - Bachaianas Brasileiras No. 2 (Heitor Villa Lobos - "Brazilian Bahiana №2").
2. Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto (Samuel Barber - "Violin Concerto").
3. Leonard Bernstein - Symphony No.2 "Age of Anxiety" (Leonard Bernstay - "Symphony No. 2").
Day 2 - Carlos Miguel Prieto (Mexico) is one of the most dynamic conductors of our time.
1. Carlos Chavez - Sinfonia India (Carlos Chavez - "Indian Symphony").
2. Pyotr Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No. 1 (Pyotr Tchaikovsky - "Piano Concerto No. 1").
3. Aaron Copland - Symphony No. 3 (Aaron Copland - Symphony No. 3).
List of events